Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is The Mend House?
The Mend House is a Sober Living Community for Men ages 18 years old and older. We are designed to assist men with structure, accountability and independent living skills that will assist them once they return to mainstream society.
2. Where is The Mend House facilities located?
The Mend House is located in the heart of Fountain City; a quiet close knit community in North Knoxville.
3. How much does it cost to get in?
There is a $600.00 Deposit, which covers 2 weeks rent and community fees. The rent is $150.00/week after the first 2 weeks.
4. How long do you have to stay?
We ask that the men commit to staying in our community for a minimum of 90 days. They have an option to stay up to 1 years if they are adhering to the rules and regulations of our community.
5. What counseling services are offered?
Residents will have access to counseling upon request.
6. Do you administer medication?
7. How old do you have to be to get accepted?
8. How often are visits from family/friends?
We do not allow friends and families to visit in the apartments. There are many local family restaurants that the men and their families can utilize to eat, have coffee of just enjoy each other’s company.
9. Does Mend House help people get jobs?
We do have some connections with local businesses
10. Can you work and still attend Mend House?
Yes and we highly encourage our resident’s to be employed.
11. Are there options for out-patient treatment?
Yes, we have referrals within the community.
12. Where can I get an application?
13. How long does it take to get in once turning in an application?
Depends on the availability.
14. How strict are the rules of The Mend House?
We have rules that will assist the men with structure, which most men that are in a transition need. We have a ZERO-TOLERANCE regarding the use of alcohol/drugs and aggressive behaviors.
15. Who takes care of day-to-day needs like cooking and cleaning?
16. What qualifies a person for getting accepted to The Mend House?
There are many different factors that determine acceptance into our community.